Room 6 have been very lucky in getting new learning activities. These include sentence dominoes, making chained links, creating words with blocks and stringed alphabet,Te Reo puzzles, and creating patterns with beads. We have been enjoying using these during our reading tumbles.
Thursday, 9 November 2017
Last week was our last one with Whaea Arna. We loved having her in our class to teach us lots of fun things like making gingerbread men, skip counting and all about community! A big thanks to her for all these great lessons! Room 6 will miss having you.
Thursday, 2 November 2017
Room 6 have been learning about community helpers with Whaea Arna. We have been learning about our class community, where we had to work as a team during some challenging activities and get to know all our classmates. Following on from this we talked about our school and the Te Aroha community. Thanks to Whaea Arna for teaching Room 6 during the last 3 weeks.The kids will miss having you!
Friday, 27 October 2017
This week the junior team had a special visit from Ruben the Road Safety Bear. We have been learning how we can keep safe around roads and traffic. We need to remember to..
- Seat yourself right, buckle up tight- It’s safest to use a booster seat until you’re at least 148 cm tall
- Helmets on right and tight- Wear your helmet every time you ride your bike or scooter
- Look out for sneaky driveways- It is safest to play in outdoor areas that a fenced and away from driveways and vehicles
- Stop, Look, Listen and Link- Choose the safest place to cross the road
- Be bright, dress bright- When wearing bright colours you are more noticeable to other road users
This week Whaea Arna took a group of the older children for a language experience, where they made some gingerbread men. The group said they had lots of fun following a recipe, tasting different ingredients and creating shapes with the mixture. The rest of the class were able to decorate their own gingerbread man and eat them for morning tea.